Saturday, June 28, 2008

Two Years Later

My contract is set to expire at the end of this month and since business has been slow and the cost of gas is high, making my trips to the gallery more expensive, I decided not to renew my contract with Art Walk. So, this weekend I drove up to Boone to take down the images in the gallery and close out the contract.

It's hard to believe I've been selling images up there for the past two years and hard to believe that people have purchased them. In a few homes around this part of the country are a few of my images. Some hanging on walls, some probably in a drawer waiting to be framed. It's quite an honor that people would buy images that I took to decorate their home. I've learned a lot by selling images at Art Walk. The experience has, in part, inspired me to get out there and shoot more and to try to market my images elsewhere.

So now, that I don't have the job of printing, matting, framing, stocking and taking care of the gallery, hopefully I'll have a little more free time to market my images elsewhere. Over the next couple weeks I will be working on some images to submit to Our State magazine. Hopefully they'll decided to use some of those images in a later issue.

3 comments:

Gerhard and Cynthia Koch said...

That was such a cool set up. There are probably more places like this, you've just got to search them out. Also, every time you go into an office or medical building, look around at what art they have hanging on the walls. Try to find the ones that like to hang the work local artists & photographers for purchase. Tania once took me to a store outside of Charlotte that also sold art work of local people. Ask her about it.

Anonymous said...

It looks nice. How cool is it having your art hanging on a gallery wall. You take such great pictures. You have to find a way to share them. Something will work out. Remember there are a few walls in Arizona displaying your photography too.

Cindy

Gerhard and Cynthia Koch said...

http://www.etsy.com/

have you seen this site? A friend and some of her friends sell handmade things including photography through this site. Could be something to replace your gallery.