Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Week

Christmas is finally here! After a super busy month at work it was nice to have a week off. This week went by way too quick though!

During the week I did a little shopping in search of last minute bargains and picked up just a couple things. I didn't make as much for Christmas dinner this year as normal - I skipped the bird this time and just made ham - but it was all still good. Even Jullian helped out with the food making fruit salad for Christmas Day. He also requested watergate salad since we always have it back home in Arizona on Christmas Eve with the family.

I made another trip to Old Salem and took Jullian along this time. He was really interested in seeing the gunsmith work, but there were a lot of people there this time, so the gunsmith spent more time talking than working on the guns. It seemed every time he got started working more people would come in and he had to repeat his teaching. I don't think it was as exciting as Jullian had hoped, but he did enjoy the bakery and the food we had there. We brought home a loaf of fresh baked onion bread and sugar cake. So good! I think I'd drive back up there just for that.


Christmas Eve was a relaxing day. During the evening we watched the Nativity Story movie and read the Christmas story from the book of Luke before we called it a night. Christmas morning Jullian opened his gifts, but I don't think he was as thrilled as normal because there were no video games this year. Hopefully he is thankful for what he did receive, but I'm not so sure.

I finally got a new wheel and replaced the bent wheel on my bike, so I can ride it again. Once done, I took it for a ride in our neighborhood, but now we need to get back out to the park. We played some games, watched some TV and hung around the house the rest of the time. Still this week went by way to quick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is onion bread and sugar cake?