Sunday, April 4, 2010

This Weekend

The pollen is really bad right now and my allergies are killing me! It's making me feel like I've got a horrible cold. Aside from that it was a nice weekend. Friday after work Jullian and I met Jon at the movie theater to see the new Clash of the Titans movie. I'm not a big titan movie fan, but Jon and Jullian both wanted to see it, so I went along too. Saturday morning I ran a couple errands and had the wheels aligned on my car. When I got home we had lunch and then headed out to Jeff & Lesya's house for a birthday party for Evanna - she's five years old now. She was really sweet and a good girl saying "thank you" for all her birthday gifts and serving everyone her birthday cake. As is often the case when we visit them, we were there for the rest of the day and got home after nine o'clock.

This Sunday was Easter and I love church on Easter Sunday because we always sing resurrection songs. But we didn't this year. We had some good music and the sermon was great, but I missed my favorites. We have a new music minister, so I guess he decided to do things a little different this year. So many changes going on at church. When we got home from church, with allergies still kicking in, I took a two hour nap. I could have slept longer, but I was supposed to meet a friend at the Memorial Gardens in Concord to take pictures. The garden was beautiful with thousands of tulips, trees and other flowers in bloom - and lots of pollen in the air. My car was covered with pollen when I left and I felt horrible. I took a shower as soon as I got home because I could feel it all over my skin and in my hair. I think this year is the worse I've seen the pollen. I guess one of the side effects of beautiful weather this time of year is the pollen we have to endure. But it was still a nice weekend!

No comments: