We finally had our first snow storm of the season! It wasn't a big one, mainly a messy one, but at least we got some snow! It started about 6:00 A.M. this morning and was coming down pretty good. All the schools closed, so since Jullian didn't have school I decided to stay home. That and the fact that I wanted to get out in it and take pictures. By 8:00 we had about three inches of snow and it started turning to sleet and freezing rain, so we headed out so I could try to get some shots before the rain melted the snow away. When we got home about lunch time I made some chili for us and then just messed around the house. We had a whole lot of birds at the feeders today so I took a few pictures of them through the window. We ran out of the wild bird feed, so they were picking every last bit of seed they could find. Since the rain was so cold it didn't melt all of the snow away as it fell, so we went back out again to try to get some more shots. Tomorrow it's back to work, though, as long as the roads don't ice over and they close school and work.
Here are a few shots from today.
Jullian making his first snowballs while I was taking pictures.

More snowballs as I took more pictures...

A shot of us using the self-timer.

Working on a huge snowball!

By the time we went home Jullian was all wet from playing in the rain and snow. I know he was freezing because it was cold. I had him take a hot shower as soon as we got home.
1 comment:
Glad to see you guys got some snow & made it outside to play while it lasted! We still have piles of snow scattered around. Three days of rain wasn't enough to wash all we had away. The sides of the streets though look yuck. It's so pretty when it first falls & everything is all white & clean looking.
Post a Comment