Yesterday, Saturday, Jullian and I went on an outing to Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia with the CNPA (Carolina's Nature Photographer's Association) group here in Charlotte. I am a member of the CNPA and they try to schedule at least one photographic outing a month. I sent Darren Fisher, a fellow BP photographer, an e-mail about the outing since he lives up that way and that area is one of his favorite spots to shoot. He's won several awards on BP for his photographs of the area. He was able to join us and take us to some of his favorite spots. We met in the morning at the mill and joined the CNPA group, but at lunch time we went off to Rock Castle Creek and along the parkway to get other shots. The area is beautiful, even in the dead of winter, and I hope to get back up there again in the spring when everything is green. I met Darren on the BP trip to Atlanta and had a great time getting to shoot with him again in Virginia. On the way home I stopped at the mill again to try to get some more shots since the lighting was better and the CNPA group had just arrived to try to get more shots as well. We shot for awhile and then headed back home. It was a fun day and I can't wait until spring time to get out more and take pictures.
This is one of many shots I took of Mabry Mill while in VA.



1 comment:
Beautiful shot! Sounds like a fun day. Can't wait to see more of the shots you took.
Post a Comment