Thursday, May 31, 2007
Another Baby Bird Rescue
Yesterday evening while I was outside I found another baby bird in our yard. I guess he was the first brave one to leave the nest from one of the trees in our back yard. It was a Robin whose parents were close by and didn't like me being anywhere near him. The baby Robin couldn't fly, so he hopped and ran to get away. He headed toward the street, so I put him in a bucket and took him to our back yard so that he didn't get run over by a car. All the while the parent birds chirpped and flew down to me to warn me to get away from their baby. Last time I checked he was still in the back yard and hopefully he'll be ok until he learns how to fly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That was nice of you. Hailey thinks you live in the coolest place because all the animals come to your house and you feed them and some of them let you touch them. That's as close to wildlife as she gets. I think she thinks when she goes back to your house the same animals will be there and they will remember her. The innocence of a child. Gotta love it.
Cindy
Post a Comment