It's beginning to look like spring along the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia, so everything is different shades of green and the flowering plants are just beginning to bloom. I've heard of flame azaleas, but this was the first time I've ever seen them. They're very pretty and I was tempted to buy one at the country store that we stopped at for lunch. We took several shots around the mill, along the parkway and along Rock Castle Creek. Jullian took some pictures at the mill, but decided to just play around the rest of the time. There was a really huge tree that he enjoyed climbing on at one of our stops on the parkway and as we were leaving said Hailey and Taylor would like that tree and that we should bring them to it the next time they come out. He also had a good time throwing branches into the creek as I photographed along Rock Castle Creek. I had to remind him to do that stuff downstream from where I was shooting so that he didn't mess up my shots. :o) For some reason he loves to throw things in the creek whenever we're near one. I guess it's just the kid in him. He also likes to find walking sticks when we walk through the woods.
We had a good day, but I was sure glad to get home. I was really tired and ready to relax before going to bed.
This is us on that big tree I mentioned.


2 comments:
That is a cool tree. You guys find the neatest places!
I love the picture of the big tree. I can see why Jullian had so much fun on it. He is right Hailey and Taylor would love it. They are going to Disneyland, Sea World, Universal Studios, etc. and they both told Sabrina they would rather go to see Uncle Shawn and Jullian in North Carolina. They can go to the beach with you. If it was up to them they would be heading the other direction. Glad you guys had fun the whole area looks great. Talk to you later, Cindy
Post a Comment