I was browsing around on Flickr.com and came across a photo group called "365 Days". The challenge of the group is for members to take a self-portrait for 365 days - one year - and upload them, one each day, to flickr. Some people came up with some pretty cool ideas for their shots, but most were not so great. Beside some of the good shots, what I really liked about the sets of pictures people made over the course of the year was that they told a story in pictures about a person's daily life. I like that kind of photography - it kind of goes right along with scrapbooking.
So, I decided I am going to give this a try, but I'm not going to upload them to flickr at this point. I think the biggest challenge for me will be to come up with a picture each day that I'm happy with since I prefer to be behind the camera. I also don't know if I will be able stick with it for 365 days, but we'll see how it goes. It will be interesting to see what kind of story it tells a year from now. Probably a bedtime story that will put you to sleep. :o)
Here is day number one.
3 comments:
Nice picture. You look so serious. I don't know if I could stick with it for 365 days. It would be cool if you did.
Cindy
Hey, who's that nut! Nut cracker I mean, in the background. hee hee..
Well, 365 days sound like a lot of self portraits. You could always do 52 weeks, or a year of Sundays. Remember to take one also with early morning bed-head...part of life you know.
I want a copy of this. I made it bigger and it really is nice. Send it to me e-mail and I will print it here or send it to Sam's Club. Taylor said you look very nice.
Taylor and Cindy
Post a Comment