I didn't make it up to Boone last weekend as I had planned, so we headed up this weekend to take some more prints to the gallery. We did our seemingly usual round of trying to get a few things taken care of in the morning before heading up that way and then stopped for lunch when we got there and at the comic book store for Jullian. We had a storm passing through while we were up that way and the fog was really dense in some parts. It looked really cool going up the mountains as it wrapped around the trees and moved across them. We went up to the Parkway, but it was really thick up that way, so we got off after a few miles and headed down to Bass Lake in Blowing Rock. It was pretty thick there as well, but I was still able to take a few pictures.
Sunday, after church, we played Ultimate Frisbee again, which is always a lot of fun. The weekends go by so fast! Now it's back to work!
Here's a picture I took up in the mountains near some of the road construction of highway 321. The section of the mountain to the right of the trees has been bulldozed for the new section of the highway. It was solid mountain before.
1 comment:
Nice pictures. It's hard to imagine that there was once a mountain there.
Cindy
Post a Comment