Friday, April 11, 2008

A Short Getaway

Jullian is out of school this week for spring break and I have some vacation I needed to use, so I decided to go down to Charleston for a couple days. Normally any trip we make has to be done on the weekend because Jullian's in school, so it was a chance to go somewhere during the week with less crowds around. The CNPA photo group is having the annual meeting there this year and a few of the others went down early to take in some of the sites and take pictures. I didn't go to the meeting, but we did join them on a couple of the outings. Springtime in Charleston is beautiful with all the flowers in bloom, so we wen to Magnolia Gardens and Cypress Gardens & Swamp. Both were great places to visit and to photograph. We also went down to the historic district for a little while before heading home. It was nice to get away for a couple days since we've been home all winter.

In this picture we are in a gazebo at Cypress Gardens. The swamp is behind and to my left in this picture. They actually have weddings here.

2 comments:

Gerhard and Cynthia Koch said...

sure, that would be nice...to get married in a swamp...it must be really beautiful.

Well, if it's good enough for Shreck & Fiona...

Anonymous said...

Your so lucky being so close to all those wonderful places. I thought Charleston was beautiful when you took us there. All the old houses and the cobblestone streets. I'm glad you had fun and nice picture.
Cindy