Sunday, December 21, 2008

Monument Valley

We headed out on the long drive to Arizona for Christmas, but I decided I wanted to stop somewhere along the way to do some sight-seeing. I've never been to Monument Valley, so I decided we'd make a detour and make a visit. A snow storm had come through a couple days before we arrived, so there was snow on the ground making for a different look than what we normally see in pictures. It was as beautiful as I had thought it would be, the only downside is that we couldn't spend more time there and do some hiking around. The roads were pretty wet and muddy, so we had to stay on the paved ones as well. I took several pictures from the Arizona and Utah side of Monument Valley, but at times I would only be able to take a few pictures before having to warm up my hands again because the air and wind was very cold. We had a great time though and I do look forward to a return trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Scott wants to go to Utah. He always says how pretty it it. We were tentativly planning a trip. Actually we were going to stay in the time share in Idaho. Scott's family is close to the Idaho line. We would be close enough to Yellowstone to go there to. Sabrina was all for it. Hopefully we will still get to do it.