It seems like most folks went out of town for the weekend. There didn't seem to be many cars on the road and not many people in church on Sunday. We stayed home, as I usually do on holiday weekends, because I don't like to contend with everyone else who is traveling.Got a lot of things done at home that I have been putting off like cleaning the garage, putting some things in the attic, cleaning the spare room closet, my bedroom closet, going through Jullian's clothes to see what he will need for school when it starts back up. He must be growing over the summer because most of his pants and shorts and too short for him now - again. We rented some movies and bought some fireworks to utilize this weekend.
Saturday I grilled hotdogs and hamburgers for dinner and afterward we went downtown to see the fireworks. When we got home we shot off our fireworks at the street in front of our house. One of our neighbors was shooting fireworks too. Most of ours stayed on the ground, but we had a couple that shot in the air. One made a super loud whistle noise and shot up in the air and straight toward our neighbors house and landed in their driveway. I was just praying that it didn't catch anything on fire. Their dog went running when he heard the whistle from it. We had a great time shooting fireworks - both mine and Jullian's first time doing that.
He said it was his second favorite Independence Day - the first being in Washington DC. We had set the camcorder up on a tripod and let it run while we were outside and when we went in the house Jullian wanted to "watch the movie and relive the excitement." He said he couldn't wait to do it again. I told him next year, but he doesn't want to wait that long.Sunday was a pretty relaxing day since I took a nap after church. I did a few things to get ready for the work week and we pretty much took it easy for the rest of the day.


1 comment:
Sounds like so much fun. We can't do fireworks out here.
Post a Comment