Sunday, July 19, 2009

Waterrock Knob

We went up the Waterrock Knob area on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend. I've been wanting to get up this way for awhile and thoroughly enjoyed it. This is the most remote area of the Parkway with no service facilities for several miles down the mountain. We camped on the Cherokee Reservation on the top of the mountain with a great view. It was really cold up there, even in the middle of summer, but it was a nice campground and I would do it again. We spent a good deal of time on the Parkway in this area and I took lots of pictures. Since this is the southernmost section of the Parkway and it ends where the Smoky Mountains begin we did a little visiting in the Smokies as well. We took a drive in the Smokies on a one way dirt road that provided some nice views of that section of the park. Jullian liked this part of the trip because there were very few others on the road and he stood up through the sunroof while we drove through.

No comments: