
It's too nice to not be outdoors, so we made our way up to the mountains. We went to the Dupont State Forest to hike to some waterfalls we had not been to for a few years. We got there early to take pictures and by about 10:00 there were quite a lot of other people visiting as well. It seems to have become a very popular spot for families to visit since our last visit. It's a great place, so I can see why it would be.

After lunch we headed to the apple orchard we visit every fall and picked some apples. The crop was much better this year since we didn't have a late frost like we did last year. We also treated ourselves to some home made apple fritters and cake at the orchard store that they make from the apples grown there. They were so good! From there we headed on over to the Parkway for a little while and to see if I could find anything to photograph. We had some afternoon thundershowers, so we didn't get to explore as much as I had hoped, but it was still a great day up in the mountains.
1 comment:
Sounds fun. The background in the picture of you and Jullian looks amazing. I can smell the apple fritters from here.
Cindy
Post a Comment