Well, we did it again. We went out today and got a new pet. We've been looking off and on at dogs and I found a lady up in China Grove who had some Golden Retrievers and I decided to give her a call. We went to look at them today and came home with a twelve week old female. She is a beautiful dog and pretty big, a lot bigger than I had planned on getting, but when we saw her we just had to get her. We gave her a bath as soon as we got home because she had been playing in the mud with the other dogs and then spent the next couple hours with her outside. She seems to be so well behaved and is very affectionate. Her previous owner said that she's also housebroken. When we introduced her to our neighbor's dog and she saw a couple other dogs today she didn't try to chase after then or bark, she just looked at them. We took her with us to see the fireworks tonight and I expected her to get a little frightened from the sounds, but she was just fine. I hope she turns out to be as good a dog as she seems to be right now. Jullian thinks she pretty cool, so that's a good thing. I think the name we're going with for her is Summer. We came up with a few others, but couldn't agree on them, so Summer might be it.
Here are a couple pictures of Jullian and Summer. Her fur is so soft and it's hard to believe she's only three months old by her size. She's going to be a big girl when she grows up.


3 comments:
She is soooo cute! Golden Retrievers are known to be mild mannered, so great choice. When ever we are able to get a dog, Gerhard's first choice will be a Golden Retriever as well. He's not into barking dogs. I'm just not too sure about all that hair though...with any dog really. Another name could be "Inde" since you got her on July 4th.
Next time I'm at a Market here with a wood cutter, I'll think about making a sign for your house "Jennings' Farm"!
You're too funny! The farm sign would be appropriate. I told Jullian that we are not getting anymore pets. We have enough. I suggested we name her Independence since we got her on Independence Day and call her Indy, but he wanted to call her Independence and I said nah, too many syllables in the name.
She is so cute. She looks well behaved. She is just laying there with Jullian being good. The dog is a good fit for him. I like Summer. Good choice. I hear they are very good dogs minus the shedding.
Cindy
Post a Comment