This weekend was a good weekend. We were pretty busy and it went by quick, but it was nice. The weather was perfect and we had a yard sale on Saturday morning. My first ever! I have a whole bunch of stuff that I needed to take to Goodwill, but I got a flier a couple weeks ago about a community yard sale that our neighborhood was having, so I decided to see if I could sell some of it. We made $157 dollars, thirty-two of which was Jullian's for some toys he sold, and my neighbor, who does yard sales on a regular basis, said this was a slow one. I kind of thought it was going to be a slow day because the first hour of the day we had no one show up, but later in the morning we had a steady flow of customers. I had planned to put everything away at about 10:30, but we still had people showing up, so it was 11:30 when we finished up. Since I have everything priced and in my garage I might try it again in a few weeks. In this picture I have posted our stuff looks like it was strewn all over the driveway, but it wasn't. It was neatly organized. I guess it's just the angle of the camera.From the yard sale we drove over to Hero's comic book store here in town. Today was "free comic book day", so I took Jullian to get some of the free comics and the latest comic in the series he's collecting. They also had several of the comic book artists there who were drawing pictures for anyone who wanted them. There were lots of people there and we spent a couple hours there before heading over to the movies to see the new Ironman movie. Jullian has been anxiously waiting for this movie since he first heard it was coming out last year. It was a good movie and I'm sure he will want the DVD when it comes out later this year.
Sunday we played Ultimate Frisbee after church with friends and that is always a good time. It was a perfect day for frisbee. It was a nice weekend, now back to work tomorrow.


2 comments:
We sae Iron Man last Friday for Josh's birthday. I like it. I didn't even know who Ironman was. Your right in the picture it doesn't look real organized and we all know that is not you. Do something fun with your money.
Cindy
Yard/garage sales are such fun. Not a big thing here to have one at the home. There are usually certian days where towns have "flee markets" in the center of town or in a local spot. Anyone can rent a section of space to sell their goods. Some towns/cities are even well known for their flee markets. There is even a special newspaper listing when and where & what possible themes each flee market has. Don't cha just want to come over???
Post a Comment