Sunday, January 28, 2007

Skiing Appalachian

Saturday Jullian and I went with our friends Jeff, Lesya and Kristina to the Appalachian Ski Mountain slopes to go skiing. Although it's been a pretty warm winter this year, the past couple weeks have gotten colder than normal, so the ski resorts in the mountains have been able to make snow along with what's fallen.

Jullian was a little nervous at first since it's been a few years since he's skiied, but after the first run he was ready to go. He actually went down the advanced slopes a couple times while I was still coming down the intermediate slopes. I did terrible on the slopes. I don't know why, but I probably spent as much time on the ground as I did on the skis. It was still a lot of fun, though, and I have a bruise on my leg and a bruised thumb to show for my efforts. Lesysa used skis like Jullian and I, but Jeff and Kristina both have snowboards so they used them. There were a lot of people there, so it was really crowded coming down the slopes. If we go again I think I would prefer to go on a weekday, like we have in the past, when less people are there. The last hour of our time there I got my camera out and took pictures - surprising huh?


Here's a shot of Jullian coming down the slopes.


This is Lesya after making her last run. We didn't know where she was and were looking for her and then here she came down the mountain.


This is Kristina looking like a pro on her snowboard.


Jeff coming down the mountain on his snowboard.


Jullian and I just before leaving for the day. No shots of me on the slopes since I was the one behind the camera. I would have been sprawled out in the snow anyway, so it's a good thing there weren't any.

No comments: