Saturday, July 19, 2008

Full Moon Farm

I found out about a place up in the mountains called Full Moon Farm that is a rescue shelter for wolves. A friend and I had talked a year ago about visiting another one we heard about that was a little further away, so I was glad to find this one. I contacted the owner and arranged for a few of us from the camera club I'm in to go up and take pictures of the wolves. We went during an event they call a "howl-in", which they hold once a month. It included a barbeque dinner and a tour of some of the wolves they have in captivity.

We took lots of pictures and of the wolves we saw my favorites were Aries, Lobo and Neeka. They kept all the wolves in cages except Lobo and Neeka who are actually part wolf and part domesticated dog. Lobo and Neeka were brought out so people could interact with them, but they were more concerned with each other. They were like two little puppies in love. Neeka was actually out first for a little while and she was very reserved and stayed with her owner. But once they brought Lobo out, she came out of her shell and everyone else seemed to disappear. The two of them played together the entire time - mostly with Lobo chewing on her face - and she seemed to love it. They were really funny and sweet together.

2 comments:

Gerhard and Cynthia Koch said...

another place I'll have to put on my list to visit!

Anonymous said...

Wow they look pretty. I bet you got alot of great pictures.

Cindy