The first snowflakes began to fall Friday on my way home from work, but didn't start sticking until a few hours later when the temperatures dropped below freezing. It snowed throughout the night and we woke Saturday morning to a winter wonderland. I absolutely love mornings after a snow! It's so peaceful and quite and beautiful. There was actually some ice mixed in with the snow, so it made for some slick surfaces. I got to use my snow shovel for the first time that I bought about five years ago. Since I bought it, it hasn't snowed enough to warrant using it until now. I got part of the driveway cleared when Jullian came out and wanted to help - in his house shoes and cotton pajama pants. I told him to go put some shoes on if he was coming out in the below freezing temps. When he came out he still had his pajama bottoms on, but I let him finish up the shoveling while I took pictures around the yard. Once the driveway was cleared I drove to the park to take pictures, but it was closed, so I headed downtown to see what I could photograph. When I got home we didn't do much else the rest of the day except stay inside and stay warm.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
It Snowed!
The first snowflakes began to fall Friday on my way home from work, but didn't start sticking until a few hours later when the temperatures dropped below freezing. It snowed throughout the night and we woke Saturday morning to a winter wonderland. I absolutely love mornings after a snow! It's so peaceful and quite and beautiful. There was actually some ice mixed in with the snow, so it made for some slick surfaces. I got to use my snow shovel for the first time that I bought about five years ago. Since I bought it, it hasn't snowed enough to warrant using it until now. I got part of the driveway cleared when Jullian came out and wanted to help - in his house shoes and cotton pajama pants. I told him to go put some shoes on if he was coming out in the below freezing temps. When he came out he still had his pajama bottoms on, but I let him finish up the shoveling while I took pictures around the yard. Once the driveway was cleared I drove to the park to take pictures, but it was closed, so I headed downtown to see what I could photograph. When I got home we didn't do much else the rest of the day except stay inside and stay warm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment