Before we even got out of town Summer threw up in the truck and we had to pull over to clean it up. We headed on to the mountains and stopped to get some apples along the way. The lady we spoke to said they lost 90% of their crop due to the late freeze we had this year, so they may not have any apples left when we head back up there next month. We grabbed some lunch and made our way to the first waterfall and it was a beautiful one - we'll definitely have to keep that one on our list of waterfalls to see. We covered a few more waterfalls along the way, but not as many as I had hoped to see. Summer threw up again a few more times - once while walking to one of the waterfalls and twice in the car again. The last time I couldn't help but laugh about because she threw up in the floorboard where Jullian was sitting, good thing Jullian had his feet up, and when Jullian saw it he was about to throw up. If was a funny scene to see and I quickly found a spot to pull over to clean up the mess and let them both out of the car should they need to relieve themselves. They were good though as we continued on our way. I felt sorry for Summer because when we stopped for dinner she wanted to eat too, but I wasn't about to give her more food to throw up. When we go home that evening she didn't hesitate to chow down.
So lessons learned from this trip: I'll probably need to make another trip to the mountains to put this trip together and Summer gets car sick every time she rides in the car. She got sick the last time we went to the mountains too. I guess that's why she never wants to get in the truck when we take her somewhere.


1 comment:
I feel bad for Summer. If you take her in the car more often will she get better with it? I know it's not funny but I can imagine Jullian when Summer almost threw up on him. It was pretty funny.
Cindy
Post a Comment