I had planned to go to the Statesville Balloonfest this weekend, but since it rained the first day and it was windy on Saturday I didn't think they would be launching balloons. Instead Jullian and I went up to Mabry Mill and the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. We spent most of the day up there, but I didn't get too many pictures along the parkway because it was really bright and sunny (which is not good for fall color pictures) and it was really windy. My tripod was almost blown over on one occasion. We did go down to Rock Castle Creek, just off the Parkway, to take some pictures and I got a few decent ones there. I wish that the rain we had was during the weekend because that is great weather for making fall images. The overcast skies make the color on the trees stand out and if it's foggy it's even better. Hopefully we'll get some more rain and I'll be able to get out and get some images before the leaves drop.
Here's an image I made at Rock Castle Creek.
No comments:
Post a Comment