Monday, October 1, 2007

This Weekend

Friday I worked all evening on images to take up to Boone. It is really time consuming work to get images ready for the gallery. I finished up some Saturday morning and did a couple chores before we headed up to Boone. We restocked the gallery and cleaned things up to get ready for the fall business. We stopped by the Mast General store to pick up some old timey candy - a favorite of ours and then we stopped by a comic book store for Jullian. I bought him some comics that he wanted for an early birthday present. I stopped and took some pictures of a really cool barn that I have driven past a hundred times and never noticed before. While at this barn we saw two beavers that were outside of it. They were huge and Jullian thought that it was pretty cool to see them not in captivity. We headed on over to Bass Lake and to the Parkway and before we knew it the daylight was nearly gone. The trees are beginning to change color up that way. Most are green, but there are bright patches of color here and there. Many of the trees around Bass Lake are near peak, but there are several still to turn. Sunday we played ultimate frisbee with the gang after church. That was a lot of fun since we haven't played since the beginning of summer.

Here is one of the barn shots that I took.


A shot from the Blue Ridge Parkway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Some day I will have to go up there with you. Maybe the next time we're in North Carolina. You guys are as hot or hotter than us. What's wrong with this picture? Like your picture of the barn.
Cindy