Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Strong Body

So, what does it take to become America's next American Idol? I don't normally watch American Idol until the last few weeks of the show when they're down to the last few contestants, but Jullian and I have watched a few of the shows already this season. I've only seen a couple of the guys sing so far (which, by the way, most of the guys are very girlie boys and are disgusting to watch), but we've seen all the girls perform. Some, I'm glad to see, have been booted off the show already, but we watch and do our own home version of critique on the contestants.

So, what does it take to become the next American Idol? Is it looks? Personality? Singing abilities? Performance? Impressing Simon? Jullian and I were standing in the kitchen discussing the current contestant, Kristy Lee Cook, and I said I thought she was ok, but don't think she's the best female contestant at this point. His reply was, "She's got a strong body, I mean, a strong voice."

So, there you have it. It takes a strong body, I mean, a strong voice to be the next American Idol. What do you think?


Update: Jullian, as he often does, changed subject mid-stream in our conversation. He was referring to Ramiele Malubay when he said she had a strong body/voice.

No comments: