I'm amazed at the technology we have, how so many people live by it and how inaccurate it can often be. I love to watch the weather, so I check a few different web sites most days to see what is going on. It's ridiculous how these sites can make a forecast one minute, turn around and completely change it the next and still get it completely wrong. I've checked the forecast and it said it was raining here and yet there was not a cloud in the sky. Other times it has said it was clear and it was raining.
There are times, however, when they do get it right and it can be a good thing, especially when the weather gets severe. Just this week it was completely clear, a beautiful day, and the next day we had a big storm. Without the weather technology we would have had no idea the storm was coming. We are able to see some of those storms coming, which is a big change from a hundred years ago when, if we didn't have this technology, could effect us adversely. So it can be a good thing, too, as long as it's kept in perspective. It's all about perspective. :o)
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
we have the same issue over here with the weather links. They just want to mess with our minds...
I think the forecasts are all computer generated now so they change every time there's a change in the atmosphere - which is all the time.
Post a Comment