Tonight was the last night of basketball camp for Jullian. The first couple nights of camp the coaches kept score of all the drills the kids were doing so that they could compare their scores
with their scores at the end of camp to see how they've progressed. So tonight was about doing your best and comparing scores. At the end of the night the coaches gave out three awards for the most improved in different categories. Jullian won most improved in the basketball dribbling skills. They could pick their prize between t-shirts and a pair of Nike basketball shorts and Jullian picked the shorts. That was pretty cool that he won the shorts because he has been into gym shorts this summer and I would never have paid for the shorts he won. On the way out to the car Jullian asks if they will have basketball camp again next year. I told him they probably would, but he would have be too old for it since he will be going to high school this year. I told him to keep an ear out for what activities are going on in the high school ministry and we'll try to get him involved. So, I think to myself, Mr. "I'm not interested in basketball camp" had a good time and wants to come back again. That's a good thing, but I wish I didn't always have to force him into doing things he would enjoy, but is afraid to volunteer to do. I did point out to him how he didn't want to go at the beginning, but to look at how much fun he had because he did. Hopefully he'll remember that next time.
with their scores at the end of camp to see how they've progressed. So tonight was about doing your best and comparing scores. At the end of the night the coaches gave out three awards for the most improved in different categories. Jullian won most improved in the basketball dribbling skills. They could pick their prize between t-shirts and a pair of Nike basketball shorts and Jullian picked the shorts. That was pretty cool that he won the shorts because he has been into gym shorts this summer and I would never have paid for the shorts he won. On the way out to the car Jullian asks if they will have basketball camp again next year. I told him they probably would, but he would have be too old for it since he will be going to high school this year. I told him to keep an ear out for what activities are going on in the high school ministry and we'll try to get him involved. So, I think to myself, Mr. "I'm not interested in basketball camp" had a good time and wants to come back again. That's a good thing, but I wish I didn't always have to force him into doing things he would enjoy, but is afraid to volunteer to do. I did point out to him how he didn't want to go at the beginning, but to look at how much fun he had because he did. Hopefully he'll remember that next time.


1 comment:
I thought he would like it. Nice price. Those shorts are expensive. Good choice on Jullian's part. Give him another year or two and he will probably want to do everything. Jake wouldn't hardly do anything without being forced when he was that age. Now he can't stand it when he can't think of anything to do.
Cindy
Post a Comment