Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Night

Friday night around here.... Got home from work and got started on dinner. Hosea, the neighbor kid, came over and played video games with Jullian while I prepared the meat for grilling. Steaks were on sale at Food Lion, so I got some to grill today in honor of my birthday. :) While I was grilling them in the back yard I took a look at the cucumber plant I planted a few weeks back that is growing. We have two huge cucumbers and I didn't even know they had started growing! I'm just not sure when I should pick them from the vine though. There are several more that are beginning to grow, so I will need to make sure I keep an eye on that plant. We also have a strawberry vine that is growing. I don't know how it got planted, but it has grown up the wall about as tall as the door and about ten feet along the ground in the other direction. There are several little strawberries growing on it as well. I'm surprised they are still there because the squirrels or another animal usually eats them before they're full grown.

So, once the steaks were done I put them on a plate with a cucumber & tomato salad that I made and took pictures of dinner. Our photo subject this month for another camera group I'm in was food, so this was a good opportunity to make pictures. Then we ate! Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your steak looks delicious. What time is dinner?

Cindy

Gerhard and Cynthia Koch said...

Well, now I know you can cook dinner for us when we come visit! Strange about the strawberry plant being on a vine. Don't they ususally grow close to the ground, not on vines? Birds probably transported seeds there. That's how lots of plants get moved around...hee hee...through their poop! hee hee.