Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

It sure was nice not going in to work today. I took this week off since I have to use up some vacation before the end of the year. During the day we went to a couple stores to get a few things for Christmas day and we were home during the latter part of the day. Jullian is pretty excited, in fact he's driving me crazy with his energy. I think he's just excited about what he hopes he's getting for Christmas, but I told him he was going to spend his Christmas vacation in his room if he didn't settle down. We opened our gifts that Cindy and company sent to us since we would have opened them on Christmas Eve if we were in Arizona. We picked up the movie "Uncle Buck" while we were out today and Jullian wanted to watch it, so we watched it and then put the finishing touches around the tree for Christmas morning. We had already watched the Nativity Story movie and I had planned for us to read the Christmas story from the Bible before going to bed, but I completely forgot. By then I was ready to just get some sleep. At least we talked about the real meaning of Christmas several times during the past few weeks to try to help us stay focused on why we celebrate Christmas.

Here are a few pictures from this evening.

Jullian holding up his Phoenix Suns shirt from Cindy & Scott.


Me holding up my Carrie Underwood CD from Jake.


Our Christmas tree before we went to bed - minus Jullian's bike.

2 comments:

Gerhard and Cynthia Koch said...

Beautiful shot of the Christmas tree! I hope we can make it back to Charlotte for Christmas some time.

Anonymous said...

Jullian looks cute with his Suns shirt. I'm glad you took one of you too. Go Suns.
Cindy