At the park there is a sign that says not to ride on the trail for twenty-four hours after a rain to give the ground some time to soak up the water and not ruin the trail. Not to mention that the ground is really slippery and since some parts of the trail are pretty narrow and you're riding between trees it would be real easy to make contact with a tree in a not so pleasant way. Well, it did stop raining a couple days after Christmas, so we waited the twenty-four hours and headed over to the park. The clouds were beginning to roll in again, but we figured we had enough time to ride through the park before it began raining. Jullian and Hosea were excited about riding up and down the hills and through the woods. When we got well into the trail it began to rain just a little and then it began to come down steady. We decided to ride until we got to where the trail we were on intersected with the main trail that leads out of the park, but it seemed that the trail kept getting longer and longer. I was loving it, but Jullian and Hosea didn't think it was all that fun anymore since they were getting rained on. Kids these days! I won't even go there!
The trail was getting slicker as the rain kept falling and we got a little on the dirty side from the mud slinging off the tires of our bikes. The trail was getting a little more difficult to stay on, so we had to slow our pace down a little. Jullian and Hosea both had a fall, but managed to avoid any trees. Neither falls were serious, so I had to laugh at them. After awhile they began walking their bikes most of the way. We finally made it to the main trail and headed toward the car and then on home. I had a great time riding in the rain, but I think the boys would rather wait until it's dry to go back to the park. I just don't know about them!
We stopped here for a minute so I could take a picture of them before getting back to the car. You know they love to have their picture made.

I took this shot as they headed on toward the car while I was putting my camera away.

One last shot before we left - all nice and wet. They were in better spirits once they saw the car.


2 comments:
You guys are CRAZY! If you'd have done that here at the same time, you'd have flash frozen rain to deal with. It gets icy here in a matter of seconds when the rains start. I got goose bumps just seeing Julian without a jacket, then I had to remember it's just not freezing there. We had a couple of days with sun & above freezing temps...felt like Spring was on the way! I can't wait for SPRING!!!!
Looks fun. I can't remember the last time I was on a bike.
Cindy
Post a Comment