Monday, December 10, 2007
Operation Christmas Child
We went to help out at Operation Christmas Child again, but we did different work than we did a couple weeks ago. We were originally signed up to receive boxes like we did before, but they needed help inspecting, filling and boxing the shoeboxes, so that is what we did this time. This is what I have always done on previous visits, so I was glad we did it this time so that Jullian could see and do what I had always told him about. A couple friends from church also went with us, so the four of us went through and boxed a whole lot of shoeboxes. It is really cool to see how some put so much love and time into making these gifts for kids they will never meet. I really like it when I see other kids (and adults) send letters, cards and pictures of themselves inside the boxes. We don't read the letters or cards, but it is great seeing and knowing that they're there. Jullian really enjoyed tonights visit since we were able to do several more things and he was able to see in more detail the gifts that were put together for all the thousands of kids that will receive them. Operation Christmas Child is a really fantastic ministry and I am glad we were able to help out this year - even if it was just a small part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a memory for Jullian and the impact will stay with him forever. I wish we had that here. Maybe some day.
Cindy
Post a Comment