It's been about a month since I have taken some pictures up to the booth in Boone, so I needed to make another trip up that way. It's been really difficult finding time to get the pictures printed and ready, but I finally did and I decided to head up that way this weekend. I was going to go yesterday morning (Saturday) and try to get back in time for our Christmas party, but I decided against it because I would really be pressed for time to make the trip up that way and then get home to get everything ready before the class started showing up. Plus, the weather forecast included snow for Sunday and that made it more inticing to drive up then. So, after church Sunday morning, Jullian and I headed up to Boone. We dropped off the prints and straightened up the booth before heading over to the comic book store for Jullian. The skies were clear when we left Charlotte, but as we were heading up the mountain toward Blowing Rock the snow began to fall. When we were in Boone it was really windy and coming down good. It probably snowed an inch or two while we were there and because the wind was blowing so hard the snow was coming down sideways. It was so cool! And cold! When we left the comic book store it was getting more difficult to see because of the snow, so I decided to skip trying to drive on the Parkway and we headed on down to Bass Lake in Blowing Rock instead. I wanted to take some pictures of the snow and after just a few minutes in the cold weather my hands were begining to sting from the cold. We drove through downtown Blowing Rock and everything had already shut down for the night, so we headed over to Hickory to see Jeff and Lesya's new baby. Time there always flies and after a couple hours visiting them we made our way home to get ready for another week ahead.
Here's one of my images I made at Bass Lake in Blowing Rock.
No comments:
Post a Comment