It was another hot day today with temperatures reaching our summertime highs. After church this morning we played Ultimate Frisbee with the gang. It was a lot of fun, but very hot. I haven't sweat that much since last summer.
One of the guys that came out to play, Davie, I taught VBS or Sunday School to when he was a little kid. I always thought he was a good kid when I saw him around the church and now he's all grown up - he's about 22-23 now. It's amazing how time flies. He's in the Army, but out on leave for a few more weeks because of a shoulder surgery that he had. In April or May he'll be heading to Arizona for training and then will be assigned to Afghanistan in August. I thought a lot about Davie the rest of the day and the danger he will be in during his term there. The war going on over there really hits home when someone you know is being sent there and especially when they're so young.
Davie and I guarded each other during the game, and it was a good time playing frisbee - especially when I would outdo him. He couldn't believe he was "schooled" by his childhood teacher. I suppose I seem pretty old to him.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment