Thursday, March 22, 2007

It's Official!

Spring is here! Yesterday was the first full day of spring and after a brief cold period the temperatures are warmining up and the trees and flowers are blooming. The Bradford Pear trees in my front yard are blooming with white flowers and the Dogwood blooms are in the budding stage - they'll probably be in full bloom within the next week or two. The grass is beginning to turn green and I'll probably have to mow it for the first time this year this coming weekend. On the downside, we have had very little rain this year and it looks like the drought that we were in last year is carrying over into this year. The temperatures are also increasing quickly. We are supposed to reach highs in the eighties this weekend, which is well above our normal high temps. I hope the weather doesn't skip springtime and jump right into summer, but this kind of stuff happens every few years. Last week was temps in the 50's this week up to the 80's.

Now, as soon as everything begins blooming in the mountains I'll be heading up that way. I can't wait!

Here are a couple pictures of our Bradford Pears blooming.



1 comment:

Gerhard and Cynthia Koch said...

I want a Bradford pear tree, they are so beutiful in Spring. Guess I've got to get a yard first and also find out if they even sell them here.